With nearly 270 km of bike paths, Laval is a bike lover’s paradise! Accessible between April 15 and November 14, Laval’s bike path network includes a 32 km section of the Route Verte, North America’s longest network of bicycle trails.
The bike path network is continually updated and forms a key component of the City of Laval’s strategy to promote effective, active and sustainable mobility. The STL works actively with the City of Laval and Vélo Québec to encourage more active lifestyles by developing cycling infrastructure in Laval.
Between May 1 and October 31, all STL buses are equipped with bike racks at the front of the vehicle. Caught in bad weather? Feel like cycling part of your route? With Cyclobus, simply attach your bike to the front of an STL bus and continue on your journey!
Cyclobus hours of operation
For safety reasons, Laval Cyclobus service is only available during daylight hours:
May 1 to August 17
5:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
August 18 to September 18
5:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
September 19 to October 31
6:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
How to load your bike onto the rack
1. At the bus stop, inform the bus driver that you wish to use the bike rack.
2. Wait for other passengers to remove their bike before loading yours.
3. If the bike rack is in the closed position, release the latch to lower it.
4. Load your bike into the slot nearest to the bus.
5. Raise the support arm as high as it will go over the wheels to secure your bike in place.
6. Board the bus and validate your fare.
How to remove your bike from the rack
1. Before reaching your destination, inform the bus driver that you wish to get off and unload your bike.
2. Return the support arm to the horizontal position.
3. Lift your bike off the rack.
4. If the bike rack is empty and no other passenger wishes to load their bike, fold up the rack until it locks into place.
5. Move away from the bus and signal to the driver that the path is clear.
The BIXI bike sharing network lets you travel by bike between BIXI stations in Laval, Montreal and (coming soon) Longueuil.
In Laval, there are electric and standard bikes available from 8 different stations, which are available at all times.
Important: A helmet must be worn at all times while riding an electric bike.
Download the BIXI app to see the number of bikes and docking points available at each station:
For more details and instructions on how to rent BIXI bikes, visit the BIXI website.
DISCOUNTS WITH AN OPUS CARD
Combine BIXI and public transit to save more money! OPUS card holders get access to exclusive offers.
|Here are some valid requests to activate departure and arrival location suggestions and get your itinirary.|
|Address||900 St-Martin Blvd
|Intersection||Industriel bldv and Michelin st
industriel and michelin
|Postal Code||H7S 1Y9