Last update: December 7, 2021
The Alternative Departures Function has been developed by the STL with the help of its suppliers and agents to learn users’ travel habits and propose better alternative routes (hereinafter the “Function”). This Function is available in the STL Synchro application (hereinafter the “Application”).
To use the Function, the user must create an account or sign in to their account in the Application and manually activate the Function. The Function is activated only with the user’s express consent, who must check the appropriate box in their Application account. It is possible to use the Application without activating the Function.
Conditions for use of the Function
By activating the Function, you understand, acknowledge and accept all of the following conditions:
1. Upon activating the Function, you understand and agree that the STL, its suppliers and agents must collect the following information (hereinafter the “Data”):
2. This Data will be collected and used:
Your Data may also be aggregated and anonymized for analysis in order to improve public transit planning in Laval and generate statistics without personal data.
Your raw travel Data will be destroyed no later than six (6) months after collection.
3. You may deactivate the Function at any time by unchecking the appropriate box in your account, directly in the Application. The Function will then stop automatically collecting your Data. Previously collected Data will be kept for a maximum of six (6) months after it is collected. If you want your Data to be destroyed more quickly, you may send a request to the following email address: [email protected]. The STL will destroy your Data as soon as possible after receiving your request.
4. All Data collected by the Function will be treated as confidential. The STL’s personnel, suppliers and agents, as applicable, are required to respect the confidentiality of the Data in accordance with our Confidentiality Policy, among others. The Data may only be accessed by individuals who require access as part of their duties, and may not be disclosed to any other party except as allowed by law or with the user’s consent. The STL ensures that adequate security measures protect the confidentiality of the collected Data.
5. Said Data will be collected, used, disclosed and kept by the STL in accordance with all applicable legal provisions, including the Act respecting access to documents held by public bodies and the protection of personal information (CQLR, c. A-2.1).
6. The Function has been beta tested, which could mean delays in receiving alternate routes. The beta version of the Function may be less stable or its performance may be lower than that of the final version.
7. It should be noted that the Function Module algorithm needs to track at least (3) instances of the same trip in the last two (2) weeks in order to analyze them and determine possible alternatives. The STL will endeavour to offer you attractive alternate routes via the Function. However, in certain cases, there may be no available alternative. Consequently, the STL offers no warranty as to the availability, reliability or accuracy of such alternative routes.
These conditions were initially drawn up in French but this English version has been made available. In the event of a discrepancy between the French and English versions, the French version shall prevail.
|Here are some valid requests to activate departure and arrival location suggestions and get your itinirary.|
|Address||900 St-Martin Blvd
|Intersection||Industriel bldv and Michelin st
industriel and michelin
|Postal Code||H7S 1Y9